G&R Controls has been in business since 1977, and has sold and serviced commercial boilers, boiler-burners and hydronic heating system components since 1998. We serve commercial and institutional markets and also provide temperature controls, energy management solutions and HVAC service. Our offices are located in Sioux Falls and Rapid City South Dakota, and Fargo and Bismarck North Dakota. We are a growing company with great opportunities for career development.
- Troubleshoot, analyze and make adjustments or repairs to hydronic and steam heating systems, including burners and boiler controls and other system components.
- Assist on boiler and hydronic system start-up projects.
- Start-up and service on Variable Frequency Drives.
- Respond to customer service calls and deliver technical support to customers.
- Communicate with customers and document steps taken.
- Attend factory and safety training to update and maintain knowledge of our products and services.
- Some overnight travel is required with company paying expenses.
Education and experience requirements:
- Experience working with combustion, hydronic and steam heating systems preferred.
- Experience working with other HVAC components, controls and electrical gear a plus.
- Good knowledge of electrical circuits, both line voltage and low voltage.
- Ability to read and understand electrical wiring diagrams.
- Must possess basic computer skills and be comfortable learning applications specific to our industry and products.
- A professional image and good organizational skills.
- Good customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and clean background.
- Use hand tools.
- Able to bend and kneel as well as work overhead.
- Lift 50+ pounds.
- Navigate up and down ladders.
We offer competitive pay, including annual bonus plan. For this position, we provide training, tools, safety equipment, company vehicle, company shirts and pay for licensing. We cover travel expenses including per diems. Full-time benefits package includes Major Medical, 401K, PTO, Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts and other voluntary benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We require a pre-employment drug screen and background check on all new hires.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We offer challenging positions with competitive pay. Full-time benefits package includes a Bonus Plan, Major Medical, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k Retirement, PTO, Holidays and other voluntary benefits. All new hires must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check. In addition, O’Connor Group participates in "E-Verify", a service of Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.