G&R Controls is an Independent Field Office for Siemens Industry, Inc. Since 1977, we have sold, installed and serviced building automation and temperature control systems. We also offer HVAC service and a full line of full line of commercial boilers, boiler-burners and hydronic heating system components. Our offices are located in Sioux Falls and Rapid City South Dakota, and Fargo and Bismarck North Dakota. We are a growing company with great opportunities for career development.
This hands-on experience will help you understand how commercial HVAC systems operate. As a licensed electrical contractor in 6 states, we can also help advance candidates who are pursuing electrical licenses.
- Installation of temperature control, building automation and security systems. This will involve pulling wire and terminating to devices, mounting field panels and energy management components and assisting with system start-up.
- Scheduling will typically be 30-50 hours per week.
- Work will be done on construction jobsites. Some overnight travel will be required with company paying travel time and expenses. Employees are home on the weekends.
Education and experience requirements and goals
- Currently or planning to attend trade school in electrical or mechanical fields.
- We will help obtain licensing where it is required.
- Must be able to read blue prints and wiring diagrams.
- Applicants will gain an understanding of HVAC systems and experience in wiring.
- Applicant must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and clean background.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Use hand tools.
- Able to bend, kneel and work overhead.
- Lift 50+ pounds.
- Navigate up and down ladders
We offer competitive pay and cover travel expenses, including per diems, and pay the cost of necessary licensing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We require a pre-employment drug screen and background check on all new hires.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We offer challenging positions with competitive pay. Full-time benefits package includes a Bonus Plan, Major Medical, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k Retirement, PTO, Holidays and other voluntary benefits. All new hires must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check. In addition, O’Connor Group participates in "E-Verify", a service of Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.