G&R Controls is an Independent Field Office for Siemens Industry, Inc. Since 1977, we have sold, installed and serviced building automation and temperature control systems. We also offer HVAC service and a full line of commercial boilers, boiler-burners and hydronic heating system components. Our offices are located in Sioux Falls and Rapid City South Dakota, and Fargo and Bismarck North Dakota. We are a growing company with great opportunities for career development.
Apply your engineering skills to help ensure the best possible outcomes in commercial HVAC projects. You will work closely with other industry professionals to complete projects focusing on comfort, efficiency and reliable performance.
- Design building automation systems to facilitate the operation of HVAC components and other automated equipment for commercial buildings and institutional facilities.
- Analyze plans, specifications, and contracts to determine system requirements for building automation systems for new construction as well as retrofits.
- Select product sizes, types, and placement to ensure products meet specified requirements.
- Order computers, software and parts for projects.
- Organize and maintain job folders and update pertinent job related information.
- Prepare submittals containing schematics, descriptions and technical literature as required.
- Maintain current design documents throughout project duration.
- Prepare “as built” record drawings and documents from data supplied by installation or project management personnel.
- Provide technical data and other resources to installers and customers. Assist in training customers and installers to operate building automation systems.
- Troubleshoot communications equipment and peripherals.
- Project management.
Education and experience requirements:
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals and HVAC concepts, with an interest in controls preferred.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and wiring diagrams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD required.
- Good customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Project management experience a plus.
We offer competitive pay, including annual bonus plan. Full-time benefits package includes Major Medical, 401K, PTO, Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts and other voluntary benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We require a pre-employment drug screen and background check on all new hires.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We offer challenging positions with competitive pay. Full-time benefits package includes a Bonus Plan, Major Medical, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k Retirement, PTO, Holidays and other voluntary benefits. All new hires must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check. In addition, O’Connor Group participates in "E-Verify", a service of Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.