Controls Installation Technician - Electrician
G&R Controls is an Independent Field Office for Siemens Industry, Inc. Since 1977, we have sold, installed and serviced building automation and temperature control systems. We also offer HVAC service and a full line of full line of commercial boilers, boiler-burners and hydronic heating system components. Our offices are located in Sioux Falls and Rapid City South Dakota, and Fargo and Bismarck North Dakota. We are a growing company with great opportunities for career development.
If you have an interest in electrical or HVAC work and want a job that keeps you challenged… apply with us! We install temperature controls and building automation systems in commercial projects. Each project is unique and provides opportunities to learn new things. Enjoy a rewarding career in this interesting phase of construction. While you’re at it… you can work to obtain an electrical license. We are a licensed contractor in 6 states.
- Installation of temperature control, building automation and security systems. This will involve pulling wire and terminating to devices, running some conduit, mounting field panels and energy management components, and assisting with system start-up.
- Document work progress and changes and redline plans to ensure we maintain accurate ‘as built’ drawings.
- Coordinate labor, equipment and material needs with staff, suppliers and other trades to keep jobs on schedule.
- Follow safety procedures on jobsites.
- Some overnight travel will be required with company paying travel time and expenses. Employees are home on the weekends.
Education and experience requirements:
- Journeyman or Apprentice Electrician license preferred. We will assist with necessary licensing.
- Must be able to read blue prints, schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Experience in wiring controls or building automation systems and good PC skills are a plus.
- We prefer a 2 year technical degree or construction experience.
- HVAC experience helpful, but not required.
- Must be self motivated, and project a professional image and cooperative attitude.
- Good organizational and written/verbal communication skills.
- Applicant must have valid drivers license, good driving record and clean background.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Use hand tools.
- Able to bend, kneel and work overhead.
- Lift 50+ pounds.
- Navigate up and down ladders.
We offer competitive pay, including annual bonus plan. For this position, we provide training, tools, safety equipment, company vehicle, company shirts and pay for licensing. We cover travel expenses including per diems. Full-time benefits package includes Major Medical, 401K, PTO, Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts and other voluntary benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We require a pre-employment drug screen and background check on all new hires.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We offer challenging positions with competitive pay. Full-time benefits package includes a Bonus Plan, Major Medical, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k Retirement, PTO, Holidays and other voluntary benefits. All new hires must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check. In addition, O’Connor Group participates in "E-Verify", a service of Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.