If you don’t want to be confined to an office every day, this is a great opportunity to apply your engineering skills and watch them work! Our System Specialists work closely with customers to assess their needs, then design and deploy solutions. Interaction is ongoing as their needs change. Enjoy the satisfaction of being their valued resource.
Two positions available!
G&R Controls is an Independent Field Office for Siemens Industry, Inc. Since 1977, we have sold, installed and serviced building automation and temperature control systems. We also offer HVAC service and a full line of commercial boilers, boiler-burners and hydronic heating system components. Our offices are located in Sioux Falls and Rapid City South Dakota, and Fargo and Bismarck North Dakota. We are a growing company with great opportunities for career development.
- Start up temperature control systems, verify settings and operation of HVAC systems.
- Set up graphical interface for temperature control and building automation systems.
- Implement networking solutions and custom reporting.
- Analyze and document HVAC and control system information.
- Perform application and troubleshooting of HVAC controls and systems. This may involve components other than the company’s products.
- Coordinate with electrical, mechanical and other contractors to complete jobs on schedule and recommend changes or make adjustments where necessary.
- Train customers on use, scheduling and monitoring of control systems.
- Provide commissioning reports and job closeout documentation.
- Provide technical support to customers.
- Some travel is required with company paying expenses.
Education and experience requirements:
- Mechanical engineering degree preferred.
- Experience in the HVAC industry is helpful.
- Knowledge of HVAC engineering fundamentals and system operations essential.
- A professional image and good organizational skills.
- Good customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software and basic programming required.
- Company provides factory training as needed.
- Use hand tools.
- Able to bend, kneel and work overhead.
- Navigate up and down ladders.
We offer competitive pay, including annual bonus plan. For this position, we provide training, tools, safety equipment, company vehicle and company shirts. We cover travel expenses including per diems. Full-time benefits package includes Major Medical, 401K, PTO, Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts and other voluntary benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We require a pre-employment drug screen and background check on all new hires.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We offer challenging positions with competitive pay. Full-time benefits package includes a Bonus Plan, Major Medical, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k Retirement, PTO, Holidays and other voluntary benefits. All new hires must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check. In addition, O’Connor Group participates in "E-Verify", a service of Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.